Why is your your re-accreditation course over a full day?
The AQF3 course that ChemCert offers is a one day course for both initials and refreshers due to requirements under ASQA. A day course is considered best management for anyone handling restricted chemicals as this will keep their knowledge as up to date as possible. The course is structured so that students will understand what has changed (i.e. legislation) as well as reinforcing good chemical handling practices.
By attending this course, students have the opportunity to expand their knowledge base through discussion with their trainer and fellow students.
Do you have a database of everyone with a Chemical accreditation in Australia?
There isn’t one central database for everyone with a chemical accreditation because each RTO maintains their own list of students they have provided training for in accordance with government requirements. Information may occasionally be shared by RTOs due to affiliations or associations. The only government record of all your training courses is (as of January 2015) your Unique Student Identifier (USI) account.
I asked for a refund. Why can’t you just transfer the balance back to my card?
We ask for bank details and also the details of the course you paid for so that we can ensure the correct amount is given back to you and your payment is correctly adjusted in our system. This process takes on average 7 working days.
Is there a chance that the course might be cancelled?
We make every effort to source students in the local area and those within a one hour travel radius for each of our courses. Occasionally, we find that due to adverse weather events, local industry schedules (such as harvest or lambing seasons) or other factors, we need to postpone a course or merge it with another close one. If you want to increase the chances of getting a course running in your area, you could tell your colleagues and neighbours about us.
Why don’t you run a course in my town (suburb, area)?
As a general rule we plan courses in areas in which we believe they have the best chances of going ahead.
If you do know a number of people who need training in the area, please let us know as we can schedule a course if the demand is there. If you work for a large company or major regional employer, ask your HR/Training department to consider calling us regarding an in-house course (for groups of 10 or more).
Why do I need to refresh every 5 years?
State legislation governing Chemical Accreditation varies, but it is a requirement for all users of restricted chemicals to keep their knowledge up to date. The 5 year reaccreditation is also a best management practice nationwide.
Why do I need a USI?
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) number was brought in by the Federal Department of Education and has been implemented as of January 2015. It allows the government to track who is doing what education and it also provides one place for students to track their own education as paper records can be lost, damaged or stolen. The legislation that covers this requires everyone undergoing training from any RTO (whether it’s a ticket like a Chemical Accreditation or a full course like a Uni degree) to have this number so that records can be maintained.
I enrolled online for my course. Why didn’t I get confirmation straight away?
ChemCert staff double checks enrolments before finishing the processing of them to ensure that your information is correctly handled and that you get the correct information. E-learning course confirmation details will be sent by close of business (5:00 pm EST) on the next business day after you enrol. Day course confirmations are sent by the Friday of the week prior to the course. If there are any issues, we will call and message you.
If I have trouble reading and writing, how can I complete the course?
Anybody who has Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) difficulties can receive help to complete the course. Just notify us when you enrol in the course of your learning needs and we can offer you several options including:
- The Trainer / Assessor can provide you with extra assistance as time allows
- You can bring a person with you to act as a scribe or help you to read the course material
- You can bring a person to assist you with any language difficulties you have.
If I have worked in the industry for years, can I get Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)?
If you have any questions on RPL please contact the ChemCert Enrolment Centre on 1800 444 228
Payments, Refunds and Cancellation policy
CTG is committed to providing cost-effective training and assessment services and upholds transparent pricing policies and a competitive fee structure. Fees and charges are reviewed as needed to ensure they remain competitive. Any fees and charges will be advised to the student before they commence the course. We prefer upfront payment upon enrolment or an invoice will be generated for the employer/company.
Face to face students
ChemCert will offer a full refund for all reasonable reasons, even after the time of the course has passed. If a student has attended the course, a refund will not be given. Approved refunds take up to 10 business days, from when accounts have all of the bank details.
Students who have logged in and completed any coursework or 30 calendar days have passed, will not be given a refund. The student can be moved into a face to face course at any time, at no cost (subject to course location availability). If no face to face course is available, students can get a refund (minus $50 admin fee).
Approved refunds take up to 10 business days, from when accounts have all of the bank details.
Please note there is a 10 day cooling off period (after enrolment) that applies to the online course if students have not logged in.
When CTG cancels courses due to unforeseen circumstances or low course numbers, CTG will place any affected students in another suitable course,
face to face or online. If no suitable alternative option is found, a refund can be provided.
To discuss a refund please call the ChemCert head office on 1800 444 228.
I have paid the course fee for my employee, can I get a refund?
Face to Face Courses
- If a company enrols and pays for an employee into a face to face course and the course hasn’t gone ahead yet, the company can
unenrolthe student and get their money back or enrol a different employee
- If a company enrols and pays for an employee into a face to face course and the course has gone ahead and the student attended the course,
the student must be issued the Statement of Attainment (or attend another course if they did not achieve competency) and no refund will
- If a company enrols and pays for an employee into e-Learning and the student hasn’t logged in (within 30 days of enrolment), the company can
un-enrol them and get their money back or enrol a different employee
- If a company enrols and pays for an employee into e-Learning and the student has completed the course and is made competent, the student must
be issued the Statement of Attainment and no refund will be given
- If the student has logged in and started the course and has been enrolled for more than a calendar month, regardless of the level of coursework,
no refund will be given.
Regardless of who has paid for the course, the contract is between ChemCert and the enrolled student. ChemCert can only discuss coursework, competency
and other matters with the enrolled student due to privacy. ChemCert abides by federal and state government privacy laws and respects students
personal and private information. Employees can fill in a form that will allow their employers access to information if required.
Issuing of ChemCert Cards and Statements of Attainment
CTG will endeavour to process all competent and paid students’ results and issue Statements of Attainment and ChemCert Accreditation Cards within twenty-one days of the course. If completed Assessment Workbooks are not handed in to the Trainer/Assessor on time, there will be a delay in students receiving their Statements of Attainment and ChemCert Accreditation Cards. It should be noted that failure to provide CTG with a Unique Student Identifier (USI) before the end of the course will also delay student’s documentation.
Full payment for the Course, Unique Student Identifier (USI), completed Assessment Workbooks and completed and signed Enrolment forms must be received before ChemCert Cards or Statements of Attainment are issued.
ChemCert Cards and Statements of Attainment are important documents, please keep them in a safe place.
ChemCert is only able to issue the accreditation documents directly to the student, but a copy of each student’s statement of attainment will be provided to the employer if an in-house course is organised.
Privacy Of Information
How we protect and store personal information
We store and process your personal information on our computers in Australia where our facilities are located as well as through the Bank system managed by NAB Australia. We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres, and information access authorisation controls.
How we use your collected information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customised experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide ChemCert Services and customer support;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- customise, measure, and improve ChemCert Services and the content, layout, and operation of our websites and applications;
- deliver targeted ChemCert marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- contact you at any telephone number, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other people and organisations and use it to improve and personalise ChemCert Services, content, and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us please simply unsubscribe upon first contact with our digital advertising.
Where do I find my login details?
- Your login details are delivered to the email you initially enrolled with.
- If you have just paid for your course, there will be a delay before your access is processed by the Enrolment Center. Enrolments are processed
at 4pm each business day.
- Login details are provided after invoices have cleared (when paying via bank transfer)
- Please check your junk mail folder, in some cases, the email may end up here.
- Sometimes there are delays caused when students provide incorrect email addresses or provide an email address that has been used to enrol in the course by another person. Email addresses must be unique, and not generic shared company addresses such as firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have not received your e-learning login, you may contact us on 1800 444 228 or email@example.com to check the progress of your enrolment.
I have forgotten my password or username.
- The passwords we generate are always case sensitive.
- Your username is always set as your designated student number I.e PACHE00000 or STU00000 (check your student confirmation for your student number)
- You may copy and paste our initial password directly out of your confirmation email if you have issues.
- If you have changed your password, and can't remember it, you may select the recover password link. This will require you to input the email you enrolled with and change your password.
- We recommend changing the password after initial login to something you will easily remember.
I have failed a quiz 3 times and gotten locked out, what do I do?
- You will need to let your trainer know that you have failed the quiz and require help or a further attempt (trainers will be able to see where
you made mistakes and provide further information and clarification of concepts)
- You should inform your trainer via email or chat and continue on with the other parts of the course.
I cant access my coursework after logging in?
- Your course may have been deployed incorrectly (please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1800 444 228. You may also contact
us through the course chat function.
- If you can see your course but cannot select "begin course", you have likely had your deadline lapse. You will need to contact us to extend
I need an extension
- You will need to apply for one through your designated trainer. You may send them an email or message about your extension and your reason.
- Once your extension has been granted by your trainer, head office will extend your portal access.
- If you have already received an extension (1-month additional time), you may need to pay an admin fee to further extend your access. This largely affects students who have done little or no work at all.