If you apply agricultural chemical products for a commercial spraying business, you must hold a Certificate of Competency that is relevant to the type of work you do.
Commercial Operator Licence
If you operate a business that provides a commercial spraying service you must hold a Commercial Operator Licence. This includes businesses that
- broad acre agricultural spraying,
- forestry spray contracting,
- roadside weed spraying,
- insect, disease or weed control in lawns and gardens or
- insect and rodent control in and around homes and buildings.
If you operate a business that provides a commercial spraying service you must hold a Commercial Operator Licence. To qualify for a Category 2 or Category 3 Certificate of Competency you must complete training course in agvet chemical use that includes the units:
- AHCCHM303 – Prepare and Apply Chemicals; and
- AHCCHM304 – Transport, handle and store chemical
2. Apply for a Commercial Operator's Licence with this online form.
For the latest information, please refer to your local state authorities websites:
Last Updated Decemeber 2018.